alexandra collier is a writer*
*plays, TV and journal scribblings are her poison.
"Ms. Collier, who is Australian-born and New York-based, has created six vivid, droll characters. In terraNOVA Collective’s polished production of “Underland” at 59E59 Theaters, Mia Rovegno has directed six assertive, beautifully delineated performances"
- New York Times
Underland is out now through Playlab Indie - pop it while it's hot.
Take Me Home
Three audience members.
One yellow taxi.
A limitless journey through New York City.
"...the deliciousness of the concept is that you become unsure what is staged and what is just New York"
"sweet, generous and inventive"
"One of the hottest seats in town may just be in the back of a cab"
past and future stuff
- I'll be in residence at the Wheeler Centre in Melbourne doing a Hot Desk Fellowship this Sept-Nov.
- My new play Together was workshopped as part of the Playwright's Horizons playlab in June 2017, with director Mia Rovegno and composer extraordinaire Heather Christian writing exquisite music to go with my "I have no idea how to write lyrics" words.
- The Crying Lettuce is selected for Brave New World Repertory Theatre's New Work Series, directed by Meghan Finn
- American Theatre Magazine shout-out in an article about Erik Ehn's incredible silent retreats: "Ehn—who does speak during the retreats—pushes attendees to write an entire play in their short time with him, and writers like Washburn, Annie Baker, Francine Volpe, Ally Collier and Adam Bock have used the workshops to generate an astonishing volume of new work."
- Read all about teenagers, Australia and shrimps not being barbied in my interview about Underland for The Brooklyn Rail and American Theatre Magazine
- Playbill announces Underland Off Broadway at 59E59, starring Annie Golden, Georgia Cohen, Angeliea Stark, Kiley Lotz and Daniel K. Isaac
- Holy Day is a finalist for the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize